Recapture the Lost Benefits of Team Collocation
We’ve lost the ability to “walk the wall.” Having all the members of your team collocated improves collaboration. Many team environments, such as program war rooms and proposal development centers (PDCs), use the walls to post documents though their development cycle. This allows team members to continuously comment on other’s work products, and facilitates both informal and formal reviews. Common static facts about the project are also posted for the benefit of all team members: the so-called “Wall of Truth.” There are real advantages from being able to “walk the wall” and quickly see problems with text or graphic content.
But in today’s virtual environment, team members are scattered across multiple locations and time zones. Teams can use file sharing software such as Microsoft SharePoint and shared folders such as OneDrive. They can also use team collaboration software that facilitates formal reviews. But none of these tools allow them to “walk the wall.”
SMA’s Virtual Wall is a web-based application that allows distributed team members to easily and quickly view all the documents, zoom in to a particular page, and concurrently comment by adding sticky-notes or highlighting text, without needing the native application. Users post documents by simply dragging and dropping files to the Wall. They receive notifications when other team members comment on their documents, and they can easily respond via the Wall.
Program and proposal teams can recreate the war room/PDC physical walls virtually. Authors update their documents on the Wall by uploading the latest version. Graphic artists can upload proposal artwork. The management team can upload reference documents, such as the SOW, BOEs, RFP, compliance matrix, etc. All team members can comment on documents, and respond to comments on their own documents. Use the Wall for virtual Pink, Red, or other color-team proposal reviews with reviewers inside and outside your organization. Use the wall for reviewing documents prior to major project reviews, such as IBR, IPMR, or CDR. Review documents where not all users have the native application, such as Microsoft Project plans.
- Simply drag and drop documents into your project workspace
- Securely share with team members inside and outside your organization
- Highly intuitive to use with minimum training required for new users, as easy as a Google search
- No limit on how many users can concurrently comment on the same document
- Define teams and allocate roles, responsibilities, capabilities, and security privileges to each team
- Create multiple comment categories. Sort and view by specific categories
- Intelligent on-demand page viewing makes working with large documents simple
- Easily add links on comments to a place in another document on the workspace, e.g. link a proposal draft back to an RFP requirement
- Attach comments to text, images, or figures as arrows, text boxes or freehand notes
- Replace a document with a new version and transfer annotations from the old version to the new one automatically
- Distinguished comments as highlights, strikethroughs, edits, inserts, or underlines.
- Accessible using any web browser (IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) on any platform (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android)
- Hosted in SMA’s secure, fast, backed-up private cloud environment. ISO 27001 and SOC 2 statements available
- All project workspaces securely firewalled from each other
- Easy to manage project teams from less than 10 to over 100 users, with unlimited documents
Downloadable Brochures :
Sma Virtual Wall